Falkland Primary School
Pupil Premium Grant Information
Please read in conjunction with our PPG policy –
The pupil premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals (FSM), those Looked After by the Local Authority (LAC) and children of armed service personnel. The intended effect of this funding is to accelerate progress, raise attainment and support the pupils in the participation of activities in the wider curriculum.
Schools decide how the allocated pupil premium funding should be spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for these pupils. All schools are required to report on the amount of funding received, how this is being allocated and the impact of any additional support or provision.
For more information on the Pupil Premium, please visit:
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals.
- Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals.
- We monitor and evaluate our Pupil Premium spending, avoid spending it on activities that have little impact on achievement, and spend it in ways known to be most effective.